MEMBER COVID19 UPDATEby Sue Cooper @ 01:23 PM, 24th Mar 2020
IMPORTANT COVID 19 UPDATE TO ALL MEMBERS
23rd March 2020
The Resort is now in ‘stand-down’ mode. What this means for members:
- Effective from midday Monday, 23rd March, the Bistro, Bar and Pokies. All venues will be closed. You will not be able to access these areas.
- Bottle Shop will display a sign on the external door for service and transactions only via EFTPOS
- All greenkeeping staff will be stood down, albeit Chris and Luke have advised that they will continue to maintain the course as best they can therefore your patience and understanding is required in these trying times.
Unless we are directed otherwise, the Pro Shop and golf course will remain open. Unless otherwise advised, competitions will continue to be run as scheduled.
To ensure the health and safety of all concerned Golf Australia has collated Best Club Practices in dealing with COVID-19 which we have now implemented with immediate effect.
- All advice pertaining to avoiding actual contact between players should be observed. Two club lengths’ distance at all times.
- Wear at least one glove at all times while playing.
- Regularly wash your hands with hot soapy water as often as possible.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitiser frequently.
- Members must, as a matter of urgency if diagnosed positive with Coronavirus, report the fact immediately to the Club and provide all relevant information about their movements within the club
- Members who test positive will be required to provide a Doctors Certificate stating they are no longer carrying the virus before entry to the club is again permitted.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or interstate you must self- isolate for fourteen days and not attend the club. If you develop any symptoms seek urgent medical advice.
In keeping with safety guidelines, a limit of six people only permitted to be in the Pro Shop at any one time, this number includes Pro Shop Staff.
As is current practice, Pro Shop staff will print your score card upon registration.
Use of Golf Carts
It is recommended that golf carts be limited to one person only i.e. no passengers.
- Players may mark their own cards. There is no need to swap cards with your marker, however, both scores are required to be recorded on the card.
- Only one signature is required on the card i.e. the Players signature. There is no requirement for your marker to countersign your score card, however, verbal certification of scores should take place.
On the Course
- Bunkers – Rakes have been removed and bunkers will remain in play with preferred lies until further notice. Please smooth over the area with your foot or club as best you can.
- Flagsticks – have been removed. A map of pin placements may become available in the Proshop.
- Be mindful of hygiene if using oncourse toilets etc.
- Nearest the Pins/Longest Drives – All NTPS/Longest Drives have been suspended until further notice.
On completion of your round
- To limit the number of people handling/touching the computer equipment, one person within your playing group will be responsible for keying each of the players scores.
- Where possible the person keying the scores should only use the touch screen and limit the use of the keyboard/mouse. It is highly recommended that you wash/sanitise your hands before and after utilising the equipment.
- Upon verbal verification from your marker, each player will call their card to the person responsible for keying the scores.
- Once all cards are entered, each player is to deposit their card into the Score Card box located in the Pro Shop.
We will continue to monitor events and update all of our members accordingly.
Please note: Effective immediately, all advice to members will be put up on the club website, members will not be notified by email communication. Please ensure that you stay abreast of all the news by continually checking the website.
These are extraordinary times and whilst our golf may be impacted upon, please take a moment to reflect on all of our resort staff who have now been stood down and those families and friends who have been impacted upon by this dreadful virus.
Please stay sane and safe everyone.